- Go to bed early and get enough sleep each night. A well rested and alert mind will help you to stay on target the next day. Continue the same pattern of sleep over the weekend.
- Eat healthy everyday. More than likely you already have an idea of what is healthy and what is not. Even making a small change like drinking water instead of soda/sugary drinks can make a world of a difference in how you feel, think, and operate.
- Frequenting the sugar/salt snack/vending machines a couple times a day and/or consuming fried/fatty foods during lunch will NOT give you the energy you need to stay sharp and focused. Stay away from them. Fresh fruit is a better alternative.
- Eat a light lunch. Heavy meals tend to make one sleepy before the work day is over. Fighting to stay awake after lunch at your internship is not a good look.
- Find a way to properly relieve stress. The web has some great suggestions on how to distress in 15 minutes. Find what works for you and stick to it.
- Exercise daily. Even a 60 minute brisk walk before work can rejuvenate your mind and body and give you the energy you need to take on the day!
Other useful internship articles:
5 Pre-Internship Tips
5 tips to keep in mind whether you have found an internship or are still looking.
Interns - 5 Tips to Expand Your Horizons
Become the best you can be at your internship.
11 Tips to Remember for Internship Etiquette
A little bit of etiquette can go a long way.
Earn Internship Bonus Points - 11 Tips on How to Make a Good Impression
Apply these bonus tips and it'll be impossible for anyone to forget the best intern ever.
3 Tips to Remember While Interacting with Other Interns
Don't let your guard down just because you are around your peers.
5 Post Internship Tips
Just because it's over doesn't mean you can't still make a good impression.