5 Post Internship Tips
- Stay in touch with your mentor. Contact them every six months and ask how they are doing. Keep it friendly and light. The goal is to make sure they remember you.
- When the internship ends, keep as many of your newly acquired skills up-to-date if you can. If you learned how to use Outlook for the first time in your internship, invest in a copy at home and use it to manage all your e-mails.
- Write thank you notes to your mentor, as well as other managers and employees who helped you throughout your internship.
- Add your internship experience to your resume.
- Make a list of projects and tasks you did well, and those that identified areas of weakness. Keep that list handy so you can always be working on the areas that need improvement.